Monday, October 4, 2010

Dietary Restrictions?

Anyone have dietary restrictions, food allergies, etc?
I know that Jes Corey will be handling her own food needs for the group meals. Anyone else?

Here's my thinking for group meals. Any requests or questions or issues?
Friday Dinner (car camping at Red Creek Campground):
Salad
Spaghetti w/ sausage
garlic bread

Saturday Dinner
rehydrated bean & rice burritos

Sunday Lunch (after hiking out, back at Red Creek Campground)
meat and cheese sandwiches
chips

(note: all other meals you will be responsible for planning and packing your own) for bfasts: i'll be bringing instant oatmeal, or granola (you can pack in powdered milk too), used tea bags are great for washing out your bowl. lunch: i usually do bagels, cheese, summer sausage. snacks i do granola, gorp (trail mix), chocolate, energy bars.  

2 comments:

  1. Libby, I am vegetarian. I can fend for myself, or if we can segregate out some pre-meat food (e.g., spaghetti sauce pre sausage), I can worry about my own protein source separately. Just let me know what makes most sense for planning purposes. This is a short trip, so either way is easy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I have in mind so far, let me know what you think. Alexina, if you wanna share some of this, we certainly can.

    a zucchini to substitute for my pasta
    almond cereal and flax cereal for breakfasts (requires hot water)
    homemade crackers I can eat
    almond butter
    almonds
    turnip soup for dinner (turnips, broth for which i'll pack vegetarian bouillon and a leek or onion)
    wraps I can have for the lunch on Sunday w an avocado to sub for cheese
    I was thinking of bringing quinoa to make "grit cakes" for lunch, but I'm unsure of how practical that'd be. I'll have to pack them pre-sprouted (wet).
    I may try some "power bars" that are me-safe, and/or some muffins instead of energy bars and bagels.

    ReplyDelete