Monday, August 31, 2015

Dates

I haven't heard from all of you, so this isn't set in stone. However, it looks like November 21, 22, and 23 (that's a Saturday through Monday, some of us will be taking the day off work) will work for those i have heard from. If this doesn't work for you, please speak up now! For those of you worried about taking a Monday off, we can also try to set the route in such a way that an early hike out is manageable Sunday evening.

Now, let's talk about where to go. I've had a couple of votes for Dolly Sods again. Is everyone happy with that? There are some other options too: Appalachian Trail (MD and/or WVA sections?), Moshannon (Allegheny Front Trail?), anyone else have anything?

Keep in mind, Dolly Sods is like a 4 hour drive...

Let me know what your vote is and if you have info on another good place to go. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Any place we go (within driving distance) will be cold by the end of November. Start thinking about the cold weather gear you may need now so you can keep an eye out for sales, goodwill finds, hand-me-downs, etc. Remember NO COTTON and layers, layers, layers! If you want more info on what you may need, shoot me any email or text.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure this works for me. Though Dolly Sods is lovely, I am interested in hearing more options. The hiking out on Sunday appeals to me, though I may not need it; I like the added security.

    ReplyDelete